How to extract one or two 11 digits numbers from an alpha numeric string
I may not have explained myself well enough in my last post. So
here goes again.
I'm trying to capture / extract specific data within a string of text in a cell. I need to capture a string of numeric characters plus only the first alpha character immediately after the numbers. The numbers of alpha characters varies before the numeric characters. So my cells could look like this: TT10TT or TT100TT or
TT1TT etc. My output from the cells would be 10T or
100T or 1T etc. The text string before and after the number string vary. Can this be done?
me out. I've looked all over for a solution to
my sorting in excel. I've seen sorting with alpha numeric where it starts with a number and ends with an alpha or opposite that. What I need is something that sorts by numeric alpha then numeric again. The fields change in size such as:
##A# or ##A##. I need it to sort by the first set up numbers then by the Alpha then by the last set of numbers.
The item numbers my company uses to identify a certain product has changed from being alpha-numeric to only numeric. For example, we use to call a product 5700A31DP and now it is simply 5700. Thousands of these alpha-numeric codes are listed in excel and I don't have time to go through them all manually. Is there a way that I can transform 5700A31DP to 5700?
Basically, I need f(5700A31DP)=5700, where f is a function in excel.
I want a formula to identify container numbers by looking at the first 4 digits in a string. If it is a true container number, then the first 4 digits will be alpha. Is there a formula that does this? I've looked and can't find one, however I did have a similar question answered for Access here .
extract every odd digit from a numeric string
I have a problem in which I would like to extract every odd digit in the length of a numeric string and then return this as a combined result
Could a simple function be derived for Excel?
Below is given an example:
Original Odd digit Result
i.e. resulting combination
Related Applications & Scripts
This is the complete multi-byte and binary safe PHP string processing solution that enables you to: validate input data types (alpha, numeric, date, IP, email, URL , hex), change case, apply string effects (shorten, shuffle, scramble, reverse, make URL SEO friendly), generate passwords, generate GUIDs, process and extract characters, words and sentences, compute statistics (word count, unique word count, char count), numbers extraction, substring searching and replacing, padding, trimming, splitting, word wrapping, html processing, encrypting, encoding, censoring, spell checking, spell auto correcting etc.
All the methods and classes have full support for any language character set or alphabet through a customizable configuration class.
- full multi-byte and binary safe support;
- multilanguage support: UTF -8 customizable alphabet set (letters and digits);
- string loading from urls or local files;
- data type validations: alpha, numeric, alphanumeric, date, integer, float, IP address, email addresss, URL , HTML hex color, casing;
- string casing: uppercase, lowercase, sentence case, random case, capital case;
- string effects: shorten, emphasize, character shuffling, word scrambling, reversing, URL SEO friendly;
- string altering and modification: inserting, appending, replacing, padding, trimming, splitting, wrapping;
- string generators: password, GUIDs, repeater, number spelling;
- string checking: methods like endsWith, startsWith, compare, inRange, contains;
- string data extracting: characters, unique characters, words, unique words, numbers, searching;
- statistics: string length, character counting, unique character counting, word counting, unique word counting;
- HTML string processing: converting to HTML compatible, tag enclosing;
- string encoding: base64, rot13, Uu, HTML ;
- string encrypting: md5, sha1, crc32;
- string computations: soundex, soundex similarity percent, metaphone, metaphone similarity percent, intersection, levenshtein, levensthein similarity percent, sounds like similarity;
- dictionary based string censoring;
- dictionary based or custom service based spell checking: misspelled words emphasizing and auto correcting;
A quick and easy to use utility to validate all sorts of data for your PHP website. All validation methods are static thus dramatically improving validation speed and performance:
Validation Features Include:
Is Alphanumeric Value
Is Alpha Value
Is Upper Case String
Is Numeric Value
Is Floating Point Value
Is Date/Time String
Is Email String
Is Phone Number String
Is UTF8 String
Is Social Security Number
Is Valid URL
Is Valid Existing URL
Is a Hex Color Code
Is an RGB Color Code
Is a Number between 2 numbers
Is an array of unique elements
Is a valid File
Is a file below a max file size below max size.
You can extract emails, proxies, IPs, phone numbers, addresses, HTML tags, URLs, links, dates, ...
From online web pages or local files (TXT, RTF ).
Just insert a regular expressions and sources URLs/local files, and start process. Extract, scrape, parse, harvest.
- Extract emails from old CSV address book.
- Extract image sources from HTML files.
- Extract proxies from online websites.
- Extract URLs results from Google.
- Extract adresses and phone numbers from your customers file.
There are so many cases we need to use counters to record all kinds of numeric data. The odometer is a common example of the numeric display, which we can see in any automobile or aircraft system. This .Net custom control can be used in many .Net Windows form applications such as Factory Instrumentation Readouts, Automobile trip odometer, Aircraft digital display system and other numeric display cases.
This .Net control is very powerful for designers to configure different kinds of odometers which has the ability to roll numbers for realistic odometer-like visual effect. The fonts size, text color, border style, Inner border color and length, outer border color and length, number of digits, gradient display or not, highlight change or not, and other features can be configured by the designers at design time or run time.
Extract email addresses from any text with this free utility. Simply copy, paste and start extracting.
7 Amazing Features:
- Extract emails without repeating the same email.
- Display total extracted emails.
- Select different separator for each email (or enter your own).
- Group emails by number specified by you. Each group is separated by new line.
- Option to sort emails alphabetically.
- Option to extract or exclude email containing only certain string.
- Option to extract web addresses instead of email addresses.