auto sum will not work
I have been working on a very involved financial spreadsheet and all of a sudden the auto sum feature is not working. If I go to a column that I previously used it on and re-do the auto sum it = 0. If I type the formula =sum (B9:B30) it also = 0.
I am also not getting simple formulas to work. Ex. =sum (B9*B12) also gives me a zero 0.
I checked formating on all of the columns and put them at number, some had been currency.
The workbook is 5 pages long and the only thing I can think that may have affected it is, I had recently highlighted all the columns and rows, and adjusted the spacing to be the same. Other than that I have no clue.
All I am trying to do is use auto sum. Why does it just show the actual function and not the answer?
Is there a way of auto sum-ing just visible cells, when you collapse a filter?
This is the same for 2003 as well - say you have time values in cells A1 to A6, and you drag your mouse highlighting cells A1 to A6, it will put a sum A1:A6 formula in cell A7 - same if you do it horizontally.
Problem is if you are going to want to insert values into blank spaces later, it won't work - say you have values in Cells A1-A6 consecutively, and want to highlight range from A1-A10, and have it put a SUM(A1:A10) formula in cell A11, it won't work, will give you a zero. If you try the same thing horizontally, it will create a circular reference - like the formula it will create via clicking AutoSum will be something like SUM(A1:A0)
Is this a bug ? Is there something you can change in settings, or do you have to manually type the formula ? That would pretty much defeat the purpose of auto sum.
I am trying to use sum product I believe for the following formula.
I am trying to use auto-filter to give me the above answer for just the fields shown after filtering.
Related Applications & Scripts
Auto Meter Preloader
- only 6kb
- 100% Vector Graphics
- open auto meter perloader.fla
- drag and drop movie clip name preloader from library or stage into your project
- put this in any frame and your content in next frame
- you can use this for _root or _parent or use this inside any movie clip
Complete, commercial strength auto-suggest solution with all the content data embedded. Comes as a ready to go, fully independent application package and does not depend on any third-party service or sources or databases. Quick and easy installation in less than 30 minutes.
*Auto-Suggest complete pack with Front-End and Back-End packages.
*Back-End with 'General Search Pack' content databases (as implemented in the fully working live demos/trials).
*Documentation with additional design styles and examples.
*Across the site unlimited usage license for 1 domain (or sub-domain).
*Standard technical support
* TimeLine animation
- No Action Script
* Very easy to use,just drag and drop auto repair to your flash movie
* Libraries and Layers are well organized
* Help file include very easy steps to make changes
Auto FollowUp has been made to work with additional plugins. Some of the added features included in this are:
1. A 'subscribe by email' script so users can add or remove themselves automatically from your lists by sending an email.
2. A merge script which allows you to upload comma and pipe delimited text files and merge their fields with your AutoFollowUp databases.
3. A mailing list script which allows you to send to all users who check the 'add to mailing list' check box in your AutoFollowUp Forms.
These additional scripts help make AFU one of the best selling scripts on our site! Buy it today.
TextboxList turns normal text inputs into a widget that can be navigated using the keyboard, effectively turning your input into a "list" of items that can be easily deleted. It comes with an auto-complete plugin.
Provides a facebook style innovative interface for selecting items from an autocomplete that become "tokens", such as usernames, emails and tags.