0 on a logarithmic axis
I'm trying to create a chart whose x-axis and primary y-axis are logarithmic and whose secondary y-axis is linear using Excel 2007. No matter how I build
the chart (i.e. three columns at the same time, or adding a series at a time) as soon as I select logarithmic from the x-axis options the data plotted on the y-axis ( the linear axis) becomes distorted (logarithmic). How can I
Is it possible for Excel to create a hybrid logarithmic chart where the X-axis is the log scale and the Y axis is the linear scale?
In trying to accomplish this, I notice the Y-axis format dialog box has a logarithmic checkbox option, but I do not see an equivalent option checkbox for the X-axis.
I eventually want the X-axis to show a market volume reference starting from small numbers and growing as it gets further from the origin, and the Y axis to be a market price, stating at a high value near the origin and declining as one moves up the Y-axis.
I have an urgent question
I need to be able to change my chart axis when they are logarithmic. As standard you can only decide 1,10,100 etc. I need for an example to change them from 1 to 500!
Hope that someone can help me with a name on an ADDINN som a solution in some way
Peter Svend sen Danish Technological Institute
I have a 2 sets of data that I want to graph in a logarithmic line graph where the y-axis is logarithmic and the x-axis is arithmetic. I essentially have coordinates (x,y) that I want to plot, but excel automatically graphs my selected coordinates as two series' of range values, and they take the corresponding spreadsheet row number as the x-axis values.
I need to create a chart with logarithmic scale on the category axis (x-axis), but can't find a way how to do that. In the "Help", only value axis case is described. I know that it can be done, because I have seen similar charts, but I don't know how.
Related Applications & Scripts
Create your own Google Chart and this jQuery plugin will transform it into a zoomable scrollable chart!
It creates a smaller chart that is not zoomed-in below. Then, using your mouse, you can zoom in and scroll across the x axis.
You can even pass in a date range for the x axis and it will create the x axis labels for you. Thats something that the Google Chart API doesnt provide you. Then, you can also pass in a date just like you do in PHP to get the labels formatted just the way you want.
You have complete control over the styles and colors. The Google Chart API allows you to customize any colors, fonts, etc. in the graphs and every generated HTML element has a class applied for easy CSS styling (it only generates 9 elements).
If youre a flash developer you definitely need to know the origins of the trigonometric functions. Ill start by saying that the SIN function is reflection of an angle on the Y-axis, and COS a reflection of an angle on the X-axis. People say that a picture is worth a thousand words, then, take a look for yourself. Enjoy
- Interactive Utility
- A visual representation of the Trigonometric Functions
- Find angles using the TAN function
- And finally start using Trigonometric Functions in your next project.
XML Animated Points Chart is completely generated in AS code using XML information
- You can set from AS the colors for caption and tool tip text
- You can edit general properties from XML
- The position of the chart.
- The width and height of the chart.
- Also can animate in a synchronized movement.
- Position for the captions
- Minimum and maximum values for Y axis.
- Interval value for grids in Y axis.
- Space between periods.
- Also can edit for each serie (XML)
- Light and Dark color for each serie
- Line color of the points
- The caption of the series
- You can add more periods and more series.
Included are too versions an External SWF pre-loader and the internal pre-loader both are customizeable and are fully commented. The preloader consists of 2 percentage based bars which scale x axis (Horizontal)according to the % of loaded content.
A percentage indicator displays the percentage number loaded and follows the main y axis loadbar. The movement of the percentage indicator is percentage & animation based i.e. every 1percent increase will move the indicator 1 frame each time until 100% is reached.
With this advanced line chart applet you can setup an interactive chart of your data. Many advanced features are included, such as a tip text window and curve fitting abilities.
- Smooth bezier curves can be fitted to your data.
- The applet has a tip text measurer, which is activated when the user moves the mouse pointer across the chart.
- An unlimited number of curves are supported and axis ranges are automatically calculated for the curves.
- A color value, label text and tip text description for each line can be specified.
- Supports a background image.
- Specify font type, font size and font style of the text and title.
- You can specify the axis color, text color, title color, selection color, background color, the description text and background color.
- Compatible with any Java compatible browser.