Insert or add a rich text field
You can enter, edit, and format data in a memo field in a Microsoft Office Access 2007 database. Although memo fields are not new to Access, you can now apply rich text formatting to the text that they contain. Rich text formatting provides the types of formatting available in other 2007 Microsoft Office system programs, such as Microsoft Office Word 2007 and Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007. For example, you can make the text bold or underlined, you can apply different fonts to individual words or characters, and you can change text colors.
What do you want to do?
* Understand rich text formatting
* Enable rich text editing in a table
* Add text to a memo field
* Apply rich text formatting to memo data
* Enable rich text formatting for controls in forms and reports
* Enable rich text editing manually
You add a Text field to a table when you need to store smaller amounts of textual data, such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers. This article explains how to use Microsoft Office Access 2007 to add and delete a Text field in new and existing database tables.
In this article:
* Understand Text fields
* Add a Text field in Datasheet view
* Add a Text field in Design view
* Delete a Text field
* Text field property reference
Is there a way to insert a rich text box into a worksheet?
We need a box that basically works like a Word document - it will mostly be used to created multi-level bullet lists in various font sizes with or without boding.
When looking at the Control Toolbox toolbar's "More Controls" button, there's an option titled "Microsoft Rich Textbox Control 6.0 (SP4)" that sounds like what we might want to use, but when we try to select it, we get an error that says, "cannot insert object". As is typical with Microsoft's generally useless help files, we can't find any more information about that particular control, so we have no idea why Excel won't insert it. Any
Memos data type in Access 2010 lets user apply formatting over the table’s content, you can also convert the memo data type into Rich text or Plain Text to remove all the applied formatting.
You use a Memo field when you need to store large amounts of text in a database. This topic explains how to use Microsoft Office Access 2007 to add a memo field to new and existing database tables.
What do you want to do?
* Understand Memo fields
* Add a Memo field in Datasheet view
* Add a Memo field in Design view
* Delete a Memo field
* Memo field property reference
Related Applications & Scripts
- undo / redo
- draggable ( all borders )
- scaleable by dragging right bottom
- minimize ( RTE button )
- the included AS3 class can be used for a various number of Text Fields ( only push TextFields into Array )
- use your own colors and original colors by using the color switch button
- Textfield background color changeable
- view HTML
- Ctrl + Z for undo ( Firefox and Opera )
- Ctrl + Y for redo ( Firefox and Opera )
a) Rich Text Editor is a multi-platform, compatible script..
b) Allows WYSIWYG HTML TextArea replacement.
c) Provides Advanced text editing.
d) Simple and easy to implement into any existing content management system or other web application.
f) Just copy and paste the code to make use of the script.
Rich HTML TIcker is a practical script for displaying ordinary, rich HTML content in a rotated fashion on your page. The ticker contents can either be defined inline on the page, or within an external file and fetched using Ajax. A listing of the script's features:
Rotates regular HTML wrapped in DIV tags, either inline on the page, or within a single external file.
Ticker pauses onMouseover.
Session cookies used to persist the last message viewed, then recalled when the page is reloaded or returned to.
This script is powered by the versatile jQuery library.
Cute Editor for Classic ASP is by far the fastest, easiest, most powerful WYSIWYG browser-based Rich Text Editor for ASP applications. It's also available for PHP and .NET.
It enables ASP Web developers to replace the Textarea in your existing content management system with a powerful, but easy to use WYSIWYG Editor.
CuteEditor toolbar is totally configurable and it is also effortless to implement. You just need a couple lines of code to add it to your application.
GLOBAL FEATURES :
1. Full server side driven (no need to edit any XML , Flash Vars, images or thumbs)
2. Easy to install One click installation PHP script included
3. Dynamic content editable from Content Management System
4. Multiple Upload Module with preview included with CMS
CMS v 1.0 FEATURES :
1. Edit About section text (Rich Text Editor)
2. Edit Contact section text (Rich Text Editor)
3. Add / remove projects
4. Change projects order
5. Edit project description, project name
6. Add / remove images to a project (Multiple Upload Module with preview included)
7. Create thumbs and resize uploaded images to fit current template request
8. One click installation PHP script included